The role involves:
– Evaluating and assessing homeless applications in accordance with the Housing Act 1996 Part 7, as amended by the Homeless Reduction Act 2017.
– Investigating, assessing, assisting, and advising customers on housing options, ensuring the Council’s statutory obligations related to housing advice and homeless services are met.
– Ensuring the Council complies with its statutory duties in providing homeless prevention advice and acts within legislative timescales.
– Actively working with clients to prevent homelessness by assisting them in retaining existing accommodation or securing alternative housing when other options are exhausted.
– Making determinations and recommendations on homelessness cases in line with legislation and relevant case law.
– Negotiating with landlords, parents, and various agencies, both statutory and non-statutory, to find optimal solutions to clients’ housing needs.
– Advising clients on housing options, including private rentals, house shares, supported accommodation, or access to the Council’s waiting list.
– Providing tenancy, rights of occupation, welfare, and benefits advice to clients to maximise their chances of retaining current accommodation or sustaining new housing.
The job offers:
– £24 – £28ph depending on experience (paid through one of our Umbrella Companies)
– Hybrid working
– 6 month contract with opportunities to extend further
– A fantastic working environment with a committed and experienced team
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.