My Local authority in the East Midlands is actively seeking a Licensing Officer to join a dedicated team responsible for executing various licensing functions.The primary goal is to ensure the safety of residents and visitors while supporting businesses and license holders in adhering to relevant licensing regulations. This involves a multifaceted approach, incorporating education, guidance, and, when necessary, enforcement.
Given the front line nature of the role a flexible working arrangement allows officers to work remotely for part of the week. However, regular and frequent office attendance is mandatory based on service delivery requirements.
As a Licensing Officer, your responsibilities will include:
- Vigorously enforcing and investigating a broad spectrum of licensing functions such as alcohol, taxi and private hire vehicles, late-night refreshments, gaming lotteries, charitable collections, and scrap metal dealerships.
- Collaborating with the UK Health Security Agency to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Applying professional judgement to assigned duties, independently determining and implementing appropriate courses of action.
- Offering expert advice on a wide array of licensing matters to the public, other organizations, and council departments.
- Contributing to the training of student Environmental Health Officers and other staff as needed.
- Meeting performance targets outlined in personal Performance and Development plans and maintaining the requisite levels of professional competence.
Qualifications and Skills:
Knowledge and experience of working to the licensing act 2003 is essential.
PLPQ is desirable.
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.