Need help recruiting technical talent?
Interim Reviews Officer – Housing- 6 Months- HYBRID WORKING!89332_1685099171
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for scrutinising and determining requests for review under Part VI and VII of the Housing Act 1996.
- To review decisions and agree the duty owed under the terms of Part VI & VII of the 1996 Housing Act, the Asylum and Immigration Appeals Act 1993 and the Immigration Act 1996 issuing Section 202 decision letters where appropriate.
- Responsible for recording and monitoring the progress and outcome of all reviews of referrals under section 198 of the 1996 Housing Act. To oversee the arbitration process preparing documentation as necessary.
- To carry out reviews of suitability of accommodation allocated by the Authority including offers made under Part VI and Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended).
- To ensure that reviews are conducted in compliance with statutory timescales, regulatory frameworks and the Code of Guidance.
- To co-ordinate MP, members’ enquiries and complaints made to the Housing Needs Department.
- To contribute to policy and procedural development in liaison with Housing Needs staff and senior management.
- To collate information for and draft committee reports.
- Maintain an ongoing, updated awareness and understanding of new legislation, caselaw and changes in the Code of Guidance and advise on the implications these may have on policies and procedures.
- To inform the Homelessness and Advice Manager of all cases that have been challenged and action that has been taken.
- To participate in the Housing Needs Group late night duty rota and the CAS “Out of Hours” service.
- All staff are expected to carry out their job in compliance with the Councils Constitution. This means being familiar with the policies and procedures relevant to the job and asking for information and advice if you are unsure of the correct course of action. The Council’s Constitution is published on the Internet.
If this role is of interest to yourself, please email kaine.wilson@vividresourcing or call 0161 413 7290 for more information. However, if this isn’t something you are interested in, please forward over to relevant sources.
Interviews to commence from w/c Tuesday 30th May, with a 5th June start date.
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.