Vivd’s Local Authority client in the Oxfordshire region is recruiting for an interim Environmental Health Officer/Private Sector Housing Officer to investigate complaints and undertake the inspection of private sector dwellings and take action to ensure the health and safety of the occupants and that their homes are well managed.
The council are looking to take on additional officer due to a busy period in the team with some team members working on HMO licensing scheme – anyone successfully take on board for the role might also take part in these.
Professional & Technical Accountabilities
· Investigate complaints of poor housing conditions and undertake inspections of private sector housing to assess potential hazards under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
· To undertake the inspection of HMOs in relation to the Council’s licensing function management regulations and to assess conditions in relation to the HHSRS.
· Prepare letters notices and schedules of work necessary to bring properties up to current statutory and Council standards and take appropriate enforcement action to secure necessary improvements.
· To provide property owners members of the public and businesses with general advice about the statutory requirements and guidance with regard to housing standards and management.
· To identify empty homes and bring them back into use by dealing with complex complaints and enquiries concerning empty properties and where necessary, undertake detailed inspections and take appropriate enforcement actions. Qualifications/Experience/Knowledge
· Experience in undertaking property inspections and investigation of complaints of housing conditions and taking subsequent enforcement action. · Sound knowledge and experience of the regulatory framework guidance and good practice in relation to the Housing Acts Housing Health and Safety Rating System HMO legislation and associated enforcement legislation.
If you were interested in applying for this role please get in touch with Bill Blakeston on 0161 413 7290 or submitting an up to date CV
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.